Update 3: Mechanicum Assassin of the Ordo Hypotheosis

A quick update for today. After the base colors, I sealed it with Tamiya semi-gloss clear, and then did a simple black wash all over.

This first wash is not intended to be the last, instead it's a simple way to start to differentiate the layers and textures. This is the part of the painting that requires very little attention to fine details, but helps give me an idea about how I want to approach the details later. 

I also got this nifty base to put the final miniature on. It's a simple acrylic base, and I will use a small clog to frame the base of the mini. I may paint directly onto the acrylic to blend the miniature into the base, rather than keep it too clean of a surface. 


The black oil wash is also used to give some grimy shading to the cloak. This will be refined layer-by-layer, but I like the color that I achieved for the cloak. Once it has highlights and details, I think it will look quite nice. 

Below is the most recent state of the mini. It's a good start, but there is a lot to do. 


Comments