Update 2: Mechanicum Assassin of the Ordo Hypotheosis

I'm starting to get some color down. Today, I did some basic airbrushing and basecoating to get some idea of the colors I wanted. So far so good. I don't usually post a step-by-step progress report on single miniatures, but I think this one will be fun to do, and it will help to keep track of paints and techniques that I'm using. 

First, I airbrushed the entire model with some metallics (see picture below). I was not trying to be too careful here, and instead just mixing and mottling the metallic colors. This is important to give some variation over the entire model.


After airbrushing the metallics, I airbrushed some of the red using Citadel airbrush colors (Mephiston Red and Evil Sunz Scarlet). As these are the early layers, I am not too worried about overspraying the details. In fact, I think it will be useful to have some warm red tones underneath later colors. 

After airbrushing, I just used a normal brush to hash out the basic colors. This was mainly to experiment and identify the colors that I wanted.  Later, there will be many iterations of changing, toning down, and highlighting that will make everything much more interesting to look at. 


Comments