KitBash! Mechanicum Assassin of the Ordo Hypotheosis

 I haven't been able to paint as much as I'd like (although a lot of model-building has been going on, more on that later!), but I found out that my local Warhammer store is hosting a painting competition. One of the categories is a kitbashing category that has been really popular at these periodic painting competitions. So, I decided to give it a try. I have until May 21! Let's get started.


I raided my bits box and was able to find all sorts of parts that came together quite nicely. 


My idea was to build and paint a mechanicum assassin. Some of the parts are based on typical mechanicum models, but others are very unique GW miniatures that are actually pretty hard to find (comment below if you can spot all of the parts and where they come from). 


I've only undercoated the model and sprayed over Tamiya matte black with Citadel Grey Seer (spray). This was mainly to give a starting point zenithal highlight and to see the detailed features of the model. 

The base was made of some small sprocket-like parts that I had a bag of. These are easy to find on Amazon or Etsy, since a lot of steam punks use them for various costume elements. 

Hopefully I will get started soon on the painting, but I'm pretty happy with the model. This is the first character element of the Ordo Hypotheosis, a secret order of the Imperium about which very little is known.

Comments