Necromunda Palanite Patrol Omega-993-20 "The Old 20th"

"Get the fook out the way you fookin' hive rat! We've got work to do!" - Palanite Captain Ophidian of the Old 20th.

Hey you, yeah you! Come over here and sit down. Stop walkin' around here lookin' like a juve, and let me give you some advice. See those blokes over there. Don't mess with 'em - the Old 20th - they're a bunch of scum bags. And I'm not talkin' about typical imperial scum. These guys are dark, like real dark. My contacts tell me they've been operating deep in hive Primus, well outside normal enforcer patrol territory. These blokes don't play nice, and they'll just as soon bum a recaf as blow your brains out at point blank.    


Rumor has it these guys are lookin' for something - or someone - down here, and they'll stop at nothin' to get it. Last I heard, Helmwar sent another patrol lookin' for 'em, pursued 'em into the hive to censure their behavior. Let's just say the Old 20th wasn't too happy about it. Helmwar might as well have just sent the weapons down in a gift box, 'cause that's what happened. I heard the Old 20th sent Helmwar's unit (well what was left of 'em) back in an ammo crate with a frag bomb inside. I'd bet 50 creds it took a week to clean up that mess. Have to admit, they've got style. 


Anyway, just listen here juve, stay away from these bastards. I don't want to get stuck cleanin' the mess when you get sent back here in an ammo crate. 







Some additional pictures during 'work in progress'.

The paint scheme starts with a a black undercoat + grey seer spray coat for zenithal highlight. After this, I use a metallic blue ink from Aerocolor to put down a base layer for the armor, followed by a thin airbrushed coat of citadel green glaze (maybe no longer made?).

After the base coat, I start painting on details and apply oil washes (Winsor black and burnt umber with white spirits). At this point, they look pretty messy. After drying and spray coat, I apply decals and get ready for doing the detail work. 

Details include metallic highlights on the armor, with some additional washes and glazes using citadel green shades and green glaze. I then applied bronze details that contrast nicely with the green armor. Other details and weathering are painted on with various combinations of highlighting and citadel washes.

It might be just a coincidence how similar these look to the Heresy era Alpha Legion...and it's weird that the leader is carrying a relic pattern boltgun. Something tells me these guys aren't what they would lead you to believe.  


Comments

Post a Comment