WIP Week: Promethium Reactorum XXIII

 The work continues!

With the holiday on lockdown, I found a lot of time to continue building the Promethium board. I was able to get most of the base colors down, and have added some detailed painting. However, I realized I needed a lot more area terrain and moveable terrain pieces.



I started painting up two dozen Promethium reactor modules. These modules are what hold the extremely volatile promethium. Each has vents and internal cooling systems to ensure that the fuel rods do not overheat. The reactors within are packaged on planet and delivered throughout the Imperium, with a particularly large fraction being designated as fuel cells for Warlord Titan volcano cannons. 


I also painted up an old kit that I had laying around (though I don't have any imperial guard units at all). This is the Forge World Sky Talon, which has been pressed into service by the Adepts of the Mechanicum to serve as a utilitarian hauler for the precious Promethium Reactor cores.  


This promethium hauler has survived multiple near disasters. Knowing that the STC for these is reasonably robust, the adepts consider them (and their servitor pilots) highly disposable. Of the 36 that were pressed into service within the previous 7 solar days, only unit 34-Omega remains.



 Finally, I started to work on what will be the last major building piece on the Promethium Reactorum board. I've started to mock up the pieces, but haven't glued anything beyond the base. More on that soon!

Comments