WIP Week: Promethium Reactorum XVII

 An update long overdue! Two years later, I finally pick up the airbrush to lay some color down on the 12' x 4' infinite 30K/40K board. 


Over the holiday weekend, I managed to get a really solid base coat of color on a 4' x 4' section of the board.  Using mostly an airbrush, I started by putting on some basic colors, as well as zenithal highlights and oily shadows. 

Using the black acrylic wash I described on the last post, I was able to get a grimy shadow layer on most of the pipe works, as well as on the Dark Angels fortress. 


While it looks pretty basic so far, it is a start, and I am excited to spend the next few months getting this painted. It's been sitting in my garage covered over with plastic sheeting for too long, and now it will give me something to work on. I've got a bit of area terrain to build, but most of the work is painting. This is where the magic happens.



Stay tuned.

Comments