WIP Wednesday: Chaos Warhound Titan Part I

Titans are like the first day of summer vacation. It starts with a morning wash, continues with a few hours in the warm summer heat, and ends with a clamp on your hip joint waiting for the epoxy to set.


I have been saving up Forge World gift vouchers for about 1.5 years, and recently got a Legiones Daemonica bug (see posts from a few days ago). So I decided to round out my small Daemon Outrider Detachment with a Warhound! It will go perfectly with 30 Flesh Hounds and Karanak, and gives some much needed firepower. I plan to use this small army for games both in 30K and 40K (and maybe even AOS, sans the titan).


After ordering the titan, but before it arrived, I spent some time putting a new surface on my painting desk.  I used a 2' by 3' sheet of white 'Dry-Erase' marker board (pre-cut and sold for very cheap at the local hardware store) that I secured down with very strong packaging tape (Gorilla brand) around the edges. I find this to be a perfect painting desk surface, and can be replaced if the surface gets too many cuts/paint stains, etc.


I started with drilling and pinning for the legs and feet.  This is the foundation of the titan, so needs lots of support. I pinned all three front toes on the lifted foot, pinned both knee joints, and pinned the hips all the way through to the pelvis. In the pic below, you can see the pin that goes all the way through the hip joint and pins into both the leg and pelvis.


Once pinned and secured with super glue, I then used JB Weld to really secure each joint, followed by a long while (overnight) of clamping. I recently bought several Irwin brand clamps and found they even had several 'mini' versions that are perfect for small models.


By next week, I might even have this thing assembled! Next will be the Dark Rites of Colour. I have a really interesting scheme in mind and I'm pretty excited to get this project going for the Summer.

Comments