Sulfuric Hellforged Daemon Metal

I think I have just created a new musical genre with this awesome blog title. But seriously, it was the best description for a quick painting tutorial.

I am beginning to add color to a recently assembled Chaos Warhound Titan (more on this later) and I wanted to show a quick test color scheme that will go into the entire titan. The part below is the mechanism under the roof top vents above the Warhound's torso.  This part won't be too visible, but I am aiming to make it look like Sulfuric Hellforged Daemon Metal.


I started with a black undercoat, over which I airbrushed a sequence of acrylic colors:
1. Aerocolor red madder dark
2. Aerocolor scarlet
3. Aerocolor cadmium orange hue
4. Aerocolor Indian yellow

I then sprayed to seal the acrylic paint using Tamiya Clear.


After the first stage, I used an oil paint wash of Winsor yellow oil paint and mineral spirits. After allowing to dry for about one hour, I blended some of the oil paint using a small drybrush to soften the contrast.

Finally, I used Winsor black oil paint and dry brushed very lightly over the details. After some additional blending of the oil paints, the result is stunning and very simple. I finished with an overcoat of Tamiya semi-gloss clear. This part lives within the belly of the beast, so only needed a simple paint scheme. For other parts of the the titan, I will develop some additional refinement, but I felt like this looked really nice.

Comments