Civil War!

Mechanicum and Imperial Knights clash at the southern Evap-refinery XX-Iota in the polar desert of Gamma-K3 Octavius. 

In what is believed to be an effort to starve the local system from precious food and water stores, a mechanicum invasion force of unknown provenance fell upon Gamma-K3 Octavius like a murderer in the night. Upon receiving distress calls from the caretakers of the primary water refinery, the Knighthood answered. Justice was dealt swiftly.  


I had a chance to game a bit lately and had a few great games against a good friend, Eric. This game was particularly fun, but also particularly brutal. It did not go well for the mechanicum invaders.


We played a narrative battle at 150 power points, and I used the 30K/40K 8th ed rules available online. My opponent agreed to let me use them since he, in fact, introduced them to me. From the outset, the cards were a bit stacked against me. My army was particularly shooty in the hopes of battering his knights from all ranges. The desert winds proved to be too much though, as I got stuck digging into night fighting conditions for the first several turns. Once the Knights were close enough to engage, the grinding attrition of battle eventually translated into failure.


We always have fun playing, since both of us, I would say, are hardened veterans. In other words, we have lost so many times (me probably more so than him) that we tend to play for the enjoyment of the game. This game was no exception. Enjoy the pics.


Comments