WIP Wednesday: Promethium Reactorum II

All the plastic road tiles have now been cut and glued down to the surface. One trick is getting the edges between the modular boards to match up. To do this, I have a trick for cutting plastic that I will post soon. The tunnel section is now laid out. The arches pictured below will be the tunnel entrance for the hover rail track.  Once I get foam core to frame the tunnel, I'll have to build up the styrofoam sheeting to build up the mountain.


I also added a thin sheet of 1/2" foam to lift the base up around the cut-out road tiles. This makes a level surface so that when I start stacking foam to build the mountains, I won't have a mismatched table surface.


The reactorum is taking shape.  I added lots of GW promethium pipes and copper pipes with various fittings. The arches on the tunnel and smokestacks are both from a very nice Pegasus Hobbies kit (which luckily for me is the local hobby shop). I also added lots of little details using plastruct card and components around the gateway. My aim is to make the gateway look as though it is a functional industrial facility, but with defensible positions all over.  The new GW Shadow War terrain kits will be perfect for adding platforms and gangways. So far, a really fun project, but this may take forever.



Comments

Post a Comment