Great Conversion of Khorne III

What a disastrous mess my painting desk has become. Only great things can come of it.


The Dark Mechanicus has labored long to enhance their latest fiend. I finally added the chainblade arm and more of the chains and cabling. I decided to keep the machine aspects of the model mostly on the left arm and leg of the miniature. This balances the pose and keeps some of my favorite parts of the sculpt in tact.


The chaos knight chainblade fit nicely to the left forearm. I also added some small bits to the spine and sacrum and will add green stuff cabling once I settle on all the main details.


The above gives a good view of the last thing you might see before your horrific end at the hands of the Great Khorgorath.



I clipped some sculpted chains and adornments off of the armour plates that rest over the neck and instead used small brass rods to hang real chains. Once I set it on the model, I then clipped some of the chains to keep balance in the pose. I want to make it look as though the beast has been bound and then broken free of its restraints.

 
A few more detailed images just to show a few of the little details added to the back and legs. It's coming together nicely, and I have a few more things to add (shield, rib cage, cabling, and more) before I can begin painting. Hopefully I'll post some pictures once I airbrush the first highlight layer so the details can be seen in a more consistent way.


Comments